Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pinterest

Pinterest is a form of media that I use every day, either to casually scroll through images or to spark creativity. I began using Pinterest in high school and used it as a form of entertainment, as it was a website I could go to quickly to scroll through visually appealing images that interested me. Now, however, I use it for multiple other reasons. Whenever I need inspiration for art, clothing, or baking, it is the source I use most often. Pinterest is a website where I can quickly search through images and find new recipes, which is extremely helpful in stimulating my creative side. However, Pinterest can also become a block in creating unique ideas and thoughts. Because Pinterest, and it's world of ideas can be so easily accessed, I forget the importance in creating my own ideas thoughts. Although my unique thoughts are occasionally suppressed by looking through the thousands of images and ideas on the website, the amount of inspirations I have gained from Pinterest far outweighs the problem of uniqueness of thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment